Note: The Forum is neutral in regard to party politics. Policies are of interest though in terms of their effects...
the World's First
by the year
currently living in the town
Priorities as voted on at Launch by Forum
Sustainability Forum Launch Attendees
Aims and Priorities
Determining a framework that suggests the outcomes we want to achieve for each area of concern, based on why they are important here in Letchworth.
Review with Town
Events organised to explain the plans for Sustainable Letchworth and to stimulate people into participating in its actions.
Support for Projects
Studies and planning resources to be provided via the forum. There will be major projects with partners alongside many diverse community projects.
Success depends on individuals, organisations and businesses working together. Everyone can make a difference and every little bit helps.
About Westminster Forum Projects “Westminster Forum Projects (WFP) has its origins in the UK national Parliament, but its work now...
Affinity Water invited us to take part in an Environmental Stakeholder Forum meeting on 22nd September to discuss the company’s...
Venue: Icknield Centre, Icknield Way, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 1EF. Starts on: Monday 13th November 2017 at 9:30am Note: After...
Notes: The public consultation will run from 31st October 2017 to 23rd January, 2018, t.b.c. Trevor Mason is the new...
Challenges and Issues
• Growing world population
• Rising standard of living
• Pressure on natural resources
• Pressure on water supplies
• Security of energy supplies
• Fossil fuel depletion and pricing
• Extremes of climate
• Growing population
• Poor housing stock
• Population ageing
• Energy & water supplies are challenged
• North sea gas is in decline
• Government commitment to 80% CO2 reduction by 2050
• To strike a balance between the heritage and sustainability interests of the Garden City
• To forge an inclusive approach to collective effort and commitment to change
• Ensuring that people are well informed about the challenges and choices to help change the way we do things