North Herts. District Council is launching a Cabinet Panel on Community Engagement and Cooperative Development Wednesday, 21st October, 2020 from...
the World's First
by the year
currently living in the town
Priorities as voted on at Launch by Forum
Sustainability Forum Launch Attendees
Aims and Priorities
Determining a framework that suggests the outcomes we want to achieve for each area of concern, based on why they are important here in Letchworth.
Review with Town
Events organised to explain the plans for Sustainable Letchworth and to stimulate people into participating in its actions.
Support for Projects
Studies and planning resources to be provided via the forum. There will be major projects with partners alongside many diverse community projects.
Success depends on individuals, organisations and businesses working together. Everyone can make a difference and every little bit helps.
The next round of Hearings The hearings for March 2020 were deferred to September/October 2002, then again to November/December 2020...
From: Daniel Cope <email@example.com> Sent: 28 June 2020 10:32 To: . . . Subject: £5k Low Carbon Recovery Grants Dear...
Transition Tuesday by Transition Town Letchworth: What Climate Repair Lessons can we Learn from the COVID-19 crisis? 12th May 2020 @ 7:30...
Version 2, to add point 26. This post was written during the Stay At Home phase of the COVID-19 outbreak....
Challenges and Issues
• Growing world population
• Rising standard of living
• Pressure on natural resources
• Pressure on water supplies
• Security of energy supplies
• Fossil fuel depletion and pricing
• Extremes of climate
• Growing population
• Poor housing stock
• Population ageing
• Energy & water supplies are challenged
• North sea gas is in decline
• Government commitment to 80% CO2 reduction by 2050
• To strike a balance between the heritage and sustainability interests of the Garden City
• To forge an inclusive approach to collective effort and commitment to change
• Ensuring that people are well informed about the challenges and choices to help change the way we do things