CONGRATULATIONS to the Hertfordshire Waste Partnership for national recognition of its exemplary work in combatting fly-tipping on a planned and co-ordinated basis:
Resources & Waste Strategy for England, 18th December 2018 (pages 90-91)
4.1.3 Launching a ‘fly-tipping toolkit’
“There are examples of good practice that can be drawn on, for example the Hertfordshire Waste Partnership which brought together a range of organisations to agree on a common approach to tackling fly-tipping and sharing intelligence, which saw an 18% fall in incidents between 2016/17 and 2017/18. Evidence suggests that a lack of knowledge and experience sharing is contributing to the problem. We will therefore create a ‘fly-tipping toolkit’, a web-based tool hosted by the National Fly-tipping Prevention Group to help tackle the issue.
It will cover:
- How local authorities can set up and run an effective fly-tipping partnership;
- How to use new technology to report fly-tipping;
- Examples of existing good practice to prevent fly-tipping;
- How to deal with fly-tipping associated with unauthorised encampments;
- How to best share intelligence within a partnership and with other partnerships;
- How to present robust cases to the courts to ensure tougher penalties;
- How to best promote the duty of care for individuals and businesses.”
See also Duncan Jones’s comment via LinkedIn: here.
A presentation about the National Fly Tipping Group is available here.