During 2019, NHDC set up a Cabinet Panel on the Environment. (link to Terms of Reference, Work Plan and Presentations)
The Panel’s remit is “to consider a range of climate and environmental issues …” with a particular focus on Climate Change.
The current state of the 2019/2020 work plan is a follows:
- Tuesday 15 October 2019: Planning and Transport
- Thursday 28 November 2019: Bio-Diversity (including Trees and Landscaping)
- Thursday 9 January 2020: Waste, Recycling and Food Waste
- Thursday 5 March 2020: Transport, Travel and Air Quality
The meetings are held in public, though they are not public meetings.
The co-chairs are:
- Councillor Steve Jarvis, Executive Member for Environment and Leisure (who is also a Herts. County Councillor) (photo c/o The Comet)
- Councillor Elizabeth Dennis-Harburg, Executive Member for Recycling and Waste Management (photo c/o Twitter.com)
Community groups and individuals are invited to take part. So far, companies have not been doing so.
To ask to speak at a meeting, you contact the administrator by noon two days ahead of the meeting:
Committee, Member and Scrutiny Manager,
Tel.: 01462 474353